“Human rights in the business environment III”
The Rule of Law Center of the Ukrainian Catholic University invites you to participate in the certificate program “Human rights in the business environment III”. It is the first training program for lawyers, human rights activists, and corporate managers, which is devoted to the best practices of human rights protection within the business activities and the ways of application of human rights instruments to protect business interests and property rights in Ukraine. The program innovatively combines the spheres of law, business, and human rights.
During the course, you will get the opportunity to learn:
- effective ways of application of international and European human rights standards in business sphere in Ukraine;
- you will also get consultations with the best local and international experts dealing with practical issues in the business sphere and human rights protection;
- mechanisms of combating corruption and the role of business environment in ensuring transparency in society;
- you will learn how to use human rights instruments and get the experience of communication and study in one of the leading universities in Ukraine.
The program consists of four training modules (2 days per month, 10 hours each).
Working languages – Ukrainian and English.
Training takes place at the Ukrainian Catholic University (Lviv).
Schedule of modules:
Module І – 17-18th of March 2017
Module ІІ – 24-25th of March 2017
Module ІІІ – 27-28th of April 2017
Module ІV – 12-13th of May 2017
Program experts are the best Ukrainian and European experts in the field of human rights protection and protection of interests of businesses.
Andriy Andrusevych, international expert in the legal protection of environment, Board member of the Resource & Analysis Center «Society and Environment»
Kamil Wyszkowski, General Director of the Global Compact, Poland
Olga Voroghbyt, attorney, partner at DLA Piper Ukraine
Natalia Halecka, Ph.D., Senior lawyer at SoftServe
Iaroslav Gregirchak, LL.M, Deputy Business Ombudsman (Kyiv)
Andriy Hrynchuk, Managing Partner at “Hryncuk&Partner” Law Firm, Head of Lviv Entrepreneurs Committee, lecturer at Master’s program on Human Rights of UCU
Heinrich Nemeczek, Academic Assistant, the Department of International Corporate, Financial and European Commercial Law, University of Mannheim (Germany)
Charles Szymanski, Deputy Dean of Law Faculty of Vytautus Magnus University (Kaunas, Lithuania)
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
- to be engaged in legal activity in the private law sphere, in the sphere of human rights protection, or in the public sphere;
- fluent English;
- to have a desire for new knowledge and to be open for new experience.
- Before February 12th (inclusively) – 5000 UAH;
- After February 12th – 6 000 UAH.
10% discount to members of the Ukrainian Bar Association.
The program costs include:
- course on human rights in the business environment;
- meetings with leading experts in the field of prevention and combating of corruption, human rights protection and protection of interests of businesses;
- course and informational materials;
- meals, coffee breaks.
Organizers will be pleased to help you in finding accommodation for the Period of Program duration.
One of the options – comfortable guest rooms in the newly built University Centre of the Ukrainian Catholic University, 2a Kozelnytska str. (see detail at http://www.travelbookingnetwork.com/vendor/ucuresidencelviv.aspx).
To apply for this program, please fill out the online application form.
The deadline to register is February 19, 2017. Selection results – by February 20, 2017.
Admission will be granted on a competitive basis. The number of participants is limited.
For additional information regarding this program, please contact the Rule of Law Center at +38 (068) 976-75-40 or by e-mail: [email protected].