Personal Data protection
It is the first Ukrainian program of the professional education for the practicing lawyers, legal defenders and corporate managers, which is devoted to the best practices of human rights protection within the business activities and the ways of the application of human rights instruments in order to protect the business interests and property rights.
– to reveal the contents of international human rights standards, including the UN Global Compact and other platforms of cooperation within the business environment for the protection of human rights;
– to form a skills of using the instruments in the field of human rights in order to optimize business activities;
– to acquaint students with the best domestic and international corporate practice of human rights protection and discuss their experience.
Training will take place at the Ukrainian Catholic University (Lviv).
Working languages – Ukrainian and English.
Partner of the program – Ukrainian Bar Association
The Program will consist of three study modules with a duration 15 hours each. Within the modules are innovatively linked the courses from the fields of law, business and human rights. All courses were designed by the best professionals who are dealing with the appropriate issues in Ukraine and abroad.
Module I (20-21 February 2014):
– universal standards of the human rights and business,
– ethical grounds of the human rights protection in the business sphere;
– leadership, business and human rights;
– corporate practices of the human rights protection (case study),
– human rights and the commercial agreements.
Module II (20-21 March 2014):
– the corporate social responsibility and human rights;
– compliance issues in business practice;
– the EU standards of the human rights protection in the business sphere;
– the protection and restoration of the violated human rights within the business activities (case study).
Module III (23-24 April 2014):
– the application of the national and European instruments of the human rights protection in the business sphere. Including the instruments which are set by the European Convention of Human Rights;
– the protection of property rights before the European Court of Human Rights.
After the finishing of Program, participants will obtain a certificate of participation in the Certificate module program.
Andriy Andrusevych, Board Member at Resource & Analysis Center “Society and Environment” (Lviv)
Markiyan Bem, Candidate of Juridical Sciences (Ph.D.), the Ombudsman’s representative for personal data protection, former Acting Government Plenipotentiary for the European Court of Human Rights (Kyiv)
Robert Khorolskyi, Candidate of Juridical Sciences (Ph.D.), Of Counsel of the OMP Legal Company (Kharkiv)
Andriy Kostiuk, MA in Philosophy, partner of Pavlenko & Partners Attorneys at law (Lviv)
Nazar Kultchytskyi, advocate, Head of the Kultchytskyi, Kulakov & Bidnyagin Attorneys at law, former Government Plenipotentiary for the European Court of Human Rights (Kyiv)
Loukas Mistelis, Professor of Transnational Commercial Law and Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London (UK)
Tetyana Myrovych,, Manager of international projects and programs, specialist of the EU funds fundraising (Lublin, Poland)
Heinrich Nemeczek,, academic assistant at the Chair for International Corporate, Financial Markets Law and European Business Law at the University of Mannheim (Germany)
Maryna Saprykina, Director of the CSR Development Center (Kyiv)
Lyudmyla Stetsenko, CSR Manager of the Obolon Corporation (Kyiv)
Olha Vorozhbyt, partner of International Law Firm CMS Cameron McKenna (Kyiv)
Kamil Wyszkowski, UN Global Compact National Representative in Poland (Warsaw, Poland)
– higher education;
– to be a practicing lawyer, legal defender or the corporate manager of business entities;
– fluent English (level B2 or higher);
– the desire for new knowledge.
Program cost :
in case of application before the 30th January 2015 – 4 000 UAH
The program cost includes:
- course on human rights in the business environment:
- meetings with leading experts in the field of corporate social responsibility, protection of human rights etc.;
- Information materials;
- lunches and coffee breaks;
Organizers will be very glad to advice you on accommodation choices.
One of the options – a newly built Ukrainian Catholic University Residence. which is located at: 79076, Ukraine, Lviv, Kozelnytska st. 2a. Details – http://www.travelbookingnetwork.com/vendor/ucuresidencelviv.aspx
To become a participant of the Certificate Module Program, please fill the online-form
Admission will be granted on competitive basis, number of the participants is limited. A deadline for application is 25 January 2015.
For the additional information concerning the participation in the Certificate Module Program please contact the Rule of Law Center:
e-mail: [email protected]
phone: 38 (032) 240 99 44 (ext. 148),